Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Muses- Final Prompt

                I recently listened to "Last One Standing" by Simple Plan. This song got me thinking about those times that I have failed to accomplish something and I gave up. This song pretty much talks about not giving up and keep on trying. This song really inspired me because it really relates to me right now. Now that I'm in the eighth grade and looking for high schools, my grades really matter right now. I really have to push myself to focus on my education. The difficult thing about being a teenager is that education isn't the only thing on our minds. We also have other things that we worry about. At the end of the day, it all comes down to what we have on our minds and hearts.
           
            "I'm always gonna be the last one standing, 'cause I'm never gonna give up trying."
            "I won't give up, I keep trying, it's not over, I keep fighting."

These are parts of the song, really touched me and inspired me.
           
               I think that listening to a song can really make you emotional. I remember the first time I listened this song. I was really upset because I had received my math score for a test and it wasn't a good score. I remember that by the end of the song I had decided to do better on my next test. I kept telling myself that I had to be optimistic. That I had to getting over things and keep going. This song has showed me that I have to take risks to succeed in life.

2 comments:

  1. I feel that you really took your time when thinking about what inspires you. You did a good job including your feelings and explaining them and connecting them to present day. I also feel that it was smart to include piece of lyric from the song, to me it shows the connection that you have to the song. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked that you made a personal connection in your blog by using a part of the song. You made it very clear and detailed about how it inspires you.

    ReplyDelete